The Savoie is a land of choice for motorcycle touring in France, with its grandiose landscapes and a host of high mountain turns. This 300 km (6 hours) itinerary will take you to discover the two main lakes of the region: Annecy and of course Lake Geneva, a real inland sea.
There are 4 tourist stops on this route. You are free to stay for a few minutes or a few hours.
- Gorges du Pont du Diable
- Chartreuse du Reposoir
- Castle Menthon-Saint-Bernard (*)
(*) Please check the opening hours and booking possibilities.
1. Gorges du Pont du Diable : In an exceptional forest environment, the Pont du Diable Gorges offer a striking image of the power of erosion. The Dranse de Morzine rushes through a deep fissure dominated by an imposing arch. What's more, enjoy a unique experience: a glass floor suspended 50 metres above the Dranse de Morzine and under the Pont du Diable. Thrills guaranteed!
2. Chartreuse du Reposoir : The old Carthusian monastery is a listed building. In the shadow of the Pointe Percée (2752m), it was founded in 1151 by Carthusian monks. The buildings house the former monks' cells, the large and small cloister in flamboyant Gothic style, the harmonious chapel and the common rooms.
3. Thônes : Located in the heart of the mountains, halfway between Lake Annecy and the Aravis Massif, Thônes offers a year-round life, coveted in summer as well as in winter thanks to a wide range of activities.
4. Castle Menthon-Saint-Bernard : The castle of Menthon-Saint-Bernard takes the form of a beautiful high wall. Around a tiny inner courtyard, various buildings are built on the rampart. Facing the attack, on the highest point, stands a tower called the tower of arms.